Scope of Application
- The General Terms and Conditions apply to any membership.
- By participating in a yoga class of Umoyah School of Spirityality, the Student agrees to the applicability of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Umoyah School of Spirityality may from time to time amend these General Terms and Conditions. The most recent version of the Terms and Conditions is always the version that is applicable and is always available at the Website. Umoyah School of Spirityality will announce any amendments to the General Terms and Conditions in advance by email.
Umoyah CARD 10-CLASSES
- The Umoyah Card entitles the holder to ten (10) yoga classes.
- The Umoyah Card – 10 classes is valid for three (3) months after the date of purchase. The 10 classes must therefore be attended within three months of the date of purchase. After that period, this right lapses.
- The “Online Membership” entitles the holder to an unlimited number of online yoga classes during the term of the Membership.
- Online Classes can be viewed up to 7 days after they have been live-streamed. Except for Zoom Classes, Zoom classes will not be recorded because of privacy reasons.
- The minimum Membership term for the Online Membership is one (1) Month. After the first Month, a Student’s Online Membership is tacitly converted into a continuing agreement for an indefinite period.
- After the minimum term of one (1) month, a student’s Online Membership may be terminated every month. Membership must be cancelled prior to the renewall date in order to end membership charges. Cancellation of Online Membership must be processed by the holder through their My Umoyah account. Umoyah School of Spirityality will not reimburse the member for the remainder of any paid subscription period, nor will reimbursements be made for membership cancellations prior to any renewal date.
- The Online Membership commences on the day the first payment is made by IDEAL, Paypal or Creditcard. The next monthy cycles will be paid by direct debit, until termination.
- All Dutch Bank accounts and bank accounts from European SEPA countries are supported for the direct debit payment (monthly Membership only).
Payment and Price Changes
- All yoga classes organized by Umoyah School of Spirityality must be paid for before they are held. Umoyah School of Spirityality does not accept cash payments. Payments can be made by direct debit (memberships only), PIN, Credit Card (Visa, Master Card), Ideal and PayPal.
- As a general rule, direct debits for memberships are made around the 1st day of the month. If the amount cannot be collected, a handling fee of €25 is charged. In the case of non-payment, Umoyah School of Spirityality reserves the right to suspend the account of the relevant Student.
- Umoyah School of Spirityality reserves the right to change the prices. Any changes are announced in advance by placing statements on the Website, and/or by email. The currently applicable rates are always mentioned on the Website.
Reservations for Yoga Classes
- All classes are available for online booking 7 days in advance.
- You can only book classes online, so not by phone or at the reception.
- Your booking is valid until 5 minutes before the class starts. If you haven’t shown up by then, we assume you won’t be coming and we’ll give your spot to someone else.
- If booking online is no longer possible, you can call in and inform about availability of the class.
- You can cancel your booking until 2 hours before the class starts. To do this, go to your account and cancel the class in your schedule. (Because of the current situation this is 2 hours, usually, we require you to cancel 6 hours before the class starts)
- If you cancel within two hours before the class starts, this is a “Late Cancel”. You can do that 3 times per month. If you do it more often, we will suspend your privilege to book online for one month.
- If you have a Umoyah Membership, then you can have a “late cancellation” or “no show” for 3 times a month. In case this happens more often, your possibility for online booking won’t be available to you for the period of one week. In that case you can still use one of the 3 walk-in spots that are available for every class.
- If you have a Umoyah Card, this class will be charged from your card.
- Cancelling an appointment for a private class can be done without charge up to 24 hours before the start of the appointment. You will be charged in full if canceled within 24 hours. Please be on time, we have to cancel the appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late since we can’t guarantee the quality and benefits of the class anymore.
- Cancelling an appointment for a massage/healing can be done without charge up to 24 hours before the start of the appointment. You will be charged in full if canceled within 24 hours. Please be on time, we have to cancel the appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late since we can’t guarantee the quality and benefits of the treatment anymore.
- Please be on time, at least 10 minutes before class starts. This will insure your reserved spot, but you will also have enough time to prepare for your class.
- The current schedule is mentioned on the Website. Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance, mentioning them on the Website or by email.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to cancel a yoga class that has been scheduled or to change the yoga teacher mentioned in the schedule in the event of force majeure, including illness of the teacher. In this case there will be no refund of any Membership fee.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality is nearly always open but reserves the right to close its doors on public holidays or on other days.
Early Termination of Membership in case of illness
- In the event of prolonged illness or an injury, the Student may terminate the Membership early. A request for early termination must be submitted to Umoyah School of Spirituality in writing and must be accompanied by a medical certificate. This termination may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attending yoga classes, Workshops, Retreats and leaving belongings in the changing rooms are at the Student’s own risk. Umoyah School of Spirituality accepts no liability whatsoever for physical injury, loss or damage relating to a Student’s attending yoga classes, Workshops or Retreats and leaving belongings in the changing rooms at Umoyah School of Spirituality.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality works exclusively with certified yoga teachers or certified professionals within their field and always ensures high-quality yoga classes. Even so, a Student always runs the risk of receiving an injury during a yoga class. By participating in a yoga class at Umoyah School of Spirituality, the Student accepts this risk of an injury. Umoyah School of Spirituality provides the following guidelines for reducing the risk of an injury:
- Always consult a doctor before starting yoga classes if you are not sure that you are completely healthy or if you are pregnant.
- If you have an injury or any other physical inconvenience, always inform your yoga teacher about this before starting the yoga class.
- Listen to and follow the instructions of the relevant yoga teacher.
- Perform the yoga exercises carefully and bear your physical limitations in mind.
- Do not perform any yoga exercises that are painful.
- Ask questions if you do not understand an exercise.
- Avoid inverted poses during menstruation.
- Although we strive to only provide correct information on our website, we are not liable for any inaccuracy and no rights can be derived therefrom.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality collects personal data of the Students and Participants to update its membership records, to execute payment orders and for administration and information purposes. Umoyah School of Spirituality handles this collection of personal data with due care and complies with the provisions of the Dutch Data Protection Act.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality uses the personal data referred to in Clause 9.1 to inform the Students and Participants about activities of Umoyah School of Spirituality and any changes in the schedule, for example. If the Student or Participant does not want to receive communications from Umoyah School of Spirituality, he or she may communicate this to Umoyah School of Spirituality sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The Student or Participant is aware (s)he cannot use all online services and products of Umoyah School of Spirituality in that case.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality ,never gives any personal data of the Students or Participants to third parties without their prior written consent.
Governing Law and Dispute Settlement
- The General Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes relating to the General Terms and Conditions, any Membership, a Umoyah Introduction Card, or a Student’s attending group and private yoga classes, Workshops or Retreats organized by Umoyah School of Spirituality are settled exclusively by the competent court in Amsterdam or any higher court.
Code of Conduct
- Students shall adhere to Umoyah School of Spirituality’s code of conduct at all times:
- Please make sure you are clean and fresh when you attend the yoga class. The use of unscented deodorant is highly appreciated. In view of potential allergies of other Students, everyone is asked not to wear any perfume, aromatherapy oils or other scented products, and not to use any spray deodorant in the changing rooms.
- Wear clean yoga clothes in yoga classes, in which you can move easily.
- Delight Yoga advises not to eat later than two hours before the start of the yoga class and, in any case, not to do yoga on a full stomach.
- Please do not wear shoes in the yoga studios.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality makes yoga mats available for use during yoga classes. After classes, a yoga mat must always be cleaned and put away by the Student who has used it.
- To allow everybody to find perfect inner peace, Students are requested not to talk in the yoga studio before, during and after the yoga class and to talk quietly in the other rooms.
- The physical and mental integrity of Students must always be respected. Sexual behaviour or sexually suggestive behaviour is not tolerated by Umoyah School of Spirituality.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to deny Students who do not observe the house rules referred to in Clause 11.1 access to the Umoyah School of Spirityality premises and to terminate the Membership of the relevant Student without a refund of any membership fee paid already.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WORKSHOPS, (TRAININGS AND RETREATS )
Applicability of Additional Terms and Conditions and Definitions
- Retreats, Teacher Trainings and Workshops are governed by these Additional Terms and Conditions in addition to the General Terms and Conditions. The General Terms and Conditions form an integral part of these Additional General Terms and Conditions. By participating in a Workshop, Training or Retreat, the relevant Participant accepts the applicability of the General Terms and Conditions and the Additional General Terms and Conditions
Cancellation of Workshop Registration
- Any participation in a scheduled Workshop may be cancelled only in writing. Cancellations can be done by sending an e-mail.
- Until one (1) month before the scheduled Workshop date, the Participant may cancel his or her registration free of charge.
- Until two (2) weeks before the scheduled Workshop date, the Participant may cancel his or her registration, in which case the registration fee is refunded, less a handling fee of €25.
- If the Participant cancels his or her registration later than two (2) weeks before the scheduled Workshop, the registration fee is not refunded.
Cancellation of Participation in Retreat
- Any participation in a scheduled Retreat may be cancelled only in writing. This can be done by sending an email.
- The Retreat Participant may cancel his or her registration free of charge until two (2) months before the scheduled Retreat.
- In between two (2) months and one (1) month before the scheduled Retreat, the Retreat Participant may cancel his or her registration, in which case 50% of the Price is charged.
- If the Retreat Participant cancels his or her registration within one (1) month before the start of the Retreat, the Price already paid is not refunded.
- If it turns out at the location of the Retreat that the Retreat Participant cannot participate in the Retreat for whatever reason, the Price already paid is not refunded.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to cancel the Retreat if there are insufficient participants. In this case, the registration fee already paid by the Participants is refunded immediately.
Workshop and Trainings Schedule
- The current Workshops and Training Schedule can always be found on the Website. Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance by, mentioning them on the Website or by email.
- Umoyah School of Spirituality reserves the right to cancel a scheduled Workshop, Trainings in the event of force majeure (including illness of the relevant teacher). In this case, the registration fee already paid is refunded.
Complaints Procedure Umoyah Academy
Umoyah School of Spirituality assumes that all employees involved in the academy will do everything possible to serve in the best interests of the students. However if a situation occurs that does not the students expectations and there is a complaint regarding the Academy, please follow the following procedure:
- Contact the person whom the complaint concerns. This can either be the teacher or any other employee of the Academy. We strive to work out all complaints this way. Remember: a good teacher-student relationship is important to Umoyah Academy, therefore we are open to solve any inconveniences experienced by the students.
- If you are not able to solve your problem with the person whom the complaint concerns, as described above, then please send your written complaint to the complaint coördinator mentioning your name, address, telephone number, email-address, current date and a clear description of your complaint. If you have any written correspondence, please add this to your letter. The clearer and more complete your complaint, the easier it is for us to judge your complaint.
- Send your complaint to: Umoyah Academy
- Within 10 days of acceptance of the complaint, the student shall receive a letter in which the complaint procedure is described.
- Within three weeks the student shall receive a written reaction on their complaint. We strive for this, however if the complaint is too complex, it may take longer, in which case the student will be informed.
Copyright Clause Umoyah Academy
- The provided material has been accumulated with the utmost care. All materials, including images, text, presentations, etc. that are provided during any of our programs are protected by Copyright and may not be used or copied without permission of Umoyah Academy.
- Students at the Umoyah Academy become the owner of the study material. They can use it to study and the student is not allowed to sell the study material under a different name or brand.